Monday, June 8, 2009

Toe is in the water...and it feels soo good.

Here we go, first blog post ever (I'm sure that line's never been used). Hopefully, this blog will be a place for me to vent, since I have no siblings to call (only child). I enjoy sports, music, certain television shows, 1310 The Ticket, and currently being told to get a job by my parents. I'm a recent grad of Abilene Christian University (yea I know what you're thinking, the DII track and field power house).

The few blogs I currently read are at Inside Corner via The Dallas Observer, but more specifically Bob Sturm at the Inside Corner. I also dilly dally around at Lone Star Ball. Follow me on Twitter (name is on my profile) if you're into that kind of thing, if you're not, then don't.

I plan on describing what happens to me during the next six weeks as I'll be attending a few friends' weddings, and working in Salado, Texas as an unpaid intern for a buddy of mine who is opening two new art galleries in the oh so miraculous hill country.

If you're one of my friends reading this and you want to go ahead and make fun of me, but you'd rather not do it to my face, I think they have provided a pretty fun little comments section on this world wide internets bloggy web thing.

Well, tell all your friends if they don't want to learn anything and waste all their time, they should get on facebook, but if they want to be truly captivated and moved, they should probably pick the Bible over my blog, however if they want to know what I'm thinking about they should probably check my twitter account (that's really all it is), although if they think they want to know more than 140 characters regarding my thoughts, send 'em here.

I'll leave you with this thought, and hopefully some poor soul will stumble across this question and answer it. The quote "Hope is not a strategy." was stated by which current Oakland Athletics great? AND (bonus points) whose blog is this quote stolen from?

This is fun right? I'm almost crippled with excitement.

3 comments:

  1. Billy Beane and Bob Strum. Oh so easy... You should also answer your phone, "First Place Texas Rangers." Hope you are well.. Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall, pretty good. I am now inspired to recreate my old photography blog into something new. I am interested to hear your thoughts on your "friend's weddings" and your overall job search progress. I like to measure my success against other struggling ACU graduates. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete