Monday, June 22, 2009

How ya doin'?

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

I thought I might update you on my recent musings. I was all worked up, last week, about the Texas Rangers and how many of their fans are so casual, that it almost makes the games not as interesting to attend. However, my Rangers intensity has dwindled down a bit so I'll keep this post a bit more light-hearted (sorry @garrettsublette).

h2. Nerd Life

For those of you that don't understand why I typed "h2. Nerd Life" instead of "Nerd Life", I feel sorry for you. That's right, I've decided to dive, fingers-first, into the most un-glamorous, least sexy, and most of all, the most prone to carpel tunnel syndrome hobby of all time...web design.

Now before you start thinking...can I get you some tape for those glasses, lets analyze this situation, shall we...

I view web design as a tool to be added to your own personal tool box. If you plan on marketing a product, or persona, or company, ever in the future of your existence, you must have a website designed for that "thing". If you don't, you're missing 24-hours a day, worldwide advertising. And when it's done the right way (i.e. SEO), you will be able to reap far more benefits, customers, or fame.

When you can take a look at it from that aspect, and then realize that these websites can be made at a minimal cost by yourself, why not make a strong attempt at learning how to market yourself on the internets (No Mom, it's called internet. You don't have to put the "s" on it every time). If you're more than likely going to need a website, why wouldn't you just learn how to make it for yourself, instead of having GandR do it for you (kidding, if you're lazy like everyone, and probably eventually me regarding this topic, then you must choose GandR for any web design or SEO needs you'll ever have, ever!)? Your pocketbook will still have money, your nerdbrain (yes, it's one word) will grow ever stronger, and you can even impress The Man with your skills on your resume (if you're into that kind of thing).

So that's how I feel about that, in case you were curious.
-
I've also been working...for Coggin. I'm trying to become part of the NR.

Things in Salado have been great. I've been put in charge of the entire online marketing section of the company, Andreeva Portrait Academy. In other words, I've opened a Twitter account listed under AndreevaArt. It's been fascinating learning how to promote not only yourself, but your product as well throughout the Twittersphere.

In short, if you own a company or you're trying to promote a product, you'd be an idiot to not have a Twitter account, much like a website.

Well that's all I'll be spitting out today. As you can tell, my nerdbrain is on overload these days, so that's the reason for the lack of sports, music, or all around interesting topics that I'm interested in.

So long from Salado,

Artfully yours

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Keep up the good work. I have potatoe in my beard.

    ReplyDelete